Sunday, October 28, 2012

Christmas in October

For those of you that have been following this blog since we arrived in France, you may remember a post about my decision to limit the amount of toys we have.  It all stemmed from seeing the kids very much content with almost no toys at all while we were waiting for our things to arrive from Boston.  When they finally arrived, I decided to only unpack a portion of it and leave the rest packed up in the garage.  My plan was to try out a rotating schedule so the kids get to play with "new" toys and I avoid my house looking like a complete zoo.

Our first rotation - seemingly successful!  Audrey waited anxiously right next to the box for a good 30 minutes while we gathered up the current toys getting ready to pack them up.  What ensued was a pretty adorable scene - both kiddos reaching into a box of old toys with an excitement as if it was Christmas.






It was strangely fitting that outside our window it was snowing!  Yes- snowflakes at the end of October.  Definitely a rarity in Strasbourg at this time of year.  Oh well, I guess it was needed as the perfect backdrop for our Christmas in October...      


No comments:

Post a Comment