Thursday, October 4, 2012

A table!

So how did I do?  There was some good, some bad and some ugly!  Overall, I'll claim that the food went over well.  No serious hiccups except we had no bread for the soup and the cheese.  Turns out, we skipped over the cheese anyway because the chunks of salmon were... well  very large!  Now for the "ugly" part.. It is now obvious to me that toddlers and long French lunches (4 hours total!) should not mix.  2.5 year old Audrey had a serious meltdown and skipped pretty much the whole meal - oh yeah.  Thomas on the other hand was quite the trooper.  The little "gourmand" sat in his chair for close to an hour gulping down morsels of salmon, lentils, carrots, cantaloupe and some spice bread.  Hmmm, no wonder why he slept for over two hours afterwards.

So I want to say "Mission accomplished".  Lunch seemed to be a success.  I still have a lot to learn about entertaining but hopefully that will come with time.  There is both a science and an art to it but its a challenge I look forward to taking on again.  We have about a dozen of Jean's friends (and their children) coming over for dinner on Saturday for an american menu.  It'll start with mint juleps and end with chocolate chip cookies along with some homemade mac 'n cheese and fried chicken somewhere in the middle.  Hopefully mini finger sandwiches of PB & J and BLT's as appetizers won't scare people off (although they may wonder why all our sandwiches have acronyms!).

Back to yesterdays lunch - I realized as we sat down to eat that I forgot to snap a picture of the food for the blog.  Luckily, that's was exactly when Audrey had her meltdown so all eyes were on her as I whipped out my iPhone to take a shot.  Horrible, I know but a blogger's gotta do what a blogger's gotta do.      




No comments:

Post a Comment